Accessing your Course from Cengage Brain
In order to register for your Cengage course on Cengage Brain, you will need both an access code and a course key. The course key is typically located in your class syllabus. We recommend that you enter the course key first during registration before entering your access code. Should you have the incorrect access code, you may be eligible to swap the code online during the registration/enrollment process.
- Visit .
- In the Register Your Product box, please enter your course key # first.
- Next you will be prompted to either create a new account, or sign in with your existing account.
- After creating a new account or signing in, you will be presented with the following options:
- Enter your access code
- Purchase your access code online
- Get temporary access (if you're still within your course's payment grace period)
- If you have an access code, please go ahead and enter it now. If you don't have an access code, now is the opportunity to purchase the correct one.
- You also have the option to enter the course under a Grace Period. The Grace Period gives you temporary access to your course until you are able to enter or purchase an access code. Remember, you need to enter or buy an access code before your Grace Period expires or you won’t be able to get back into your course. Don’t worry – all your work will be saved.
Accessing your Course from your School’s LMS
It’s always best to follow your instructor’s directions for enrolling in your course, as different learning management systems have different steps for accessing Cengage materials. Additionally, your school or instructor may customize the names of links, folders, or buttons, making it very difficult for us to know what you should be clicking on!
That being said, here’s a basic rundown of the process:
- Log in to your school’s LMS portal with your school provided username and password.
- Click on the name of the course you wish to access.
- Somewhere in your course will be a link/button/folder you need to click on to access your Cengage course content. Your instructor may also include individual links to each assignment in your course.
- The first time any of these links are clicked, you will be asked to link your LMS account to a Cengage Brain account.
- After you link your accounts, you will then be asked to enter an access code. If you have one, enter it now. If you don’t, you can access the course under the Grace Period until you are able to purchase your code. You also have the option to purchase your access code directly from us. Remember, you need to enter or buy an access code before your Grace Period expires or you won’t be able to get back into your course. Don’t worry – all your work will be saved.
What's a Course Key?
- An Aplia course key is an instructor provided 12-digit string of numbers and letters that enrolls you in one specific course.
- All Aplia course keys will follow the following format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Cengage support will generally not be able to provide you with the course key for your course. If your instructor is teaching multiple courses, we don’t want to risk enrolling you in the wrong one!
- Each new or repeated course requires a different course key.
- Most LMS integrated Aplia courses do not need a course key. If your instructor has provided you with a course key and told you to access your course from an LMS, but you do not see anywhere to enter your course key within your LMS, please stop and do not continue working within your course. There may be an issue with how your course has been set up. Submit a case to us using the No, I’d like to create a case link and we will investigate your course set up.
Please select your product from the list below: