When registering/enrolling in your course, the first things to consider is whether or not your instructor has provided you with a course key and if you will be accessing your course through your school's Learning Management System (LMS), or directly from the Cengage Brain website.
Accessing your Course from Cengage Brain
Please visit the Enrolling in My Course section of this website for your product. This will walk you through the steps of registering your Course Key first before registering your access code. Following these steps will ensure:
- You are able to use the Grace Period for your course.
- You purchase the correct access code from Cengage Brain – if you need to buy your code directly from us that is.
- You can use the Code Swap feature to exchange a code you already have for the correct code, should the code you have not be the correct one for your course.
Accessing your Course from your School’s LMS
It’s always best to follow your instructor’s directions for enrolling in your course, as different learning management systems have different steps for accessing Cengage materials. Additionally, your school or instructor may customize the names of links, folders, or buttons, making it very difficult for us to know what you should be clicking on!
That being said, here’s a basic rundown of the process:
- Log in to your school’s LMS portal with your school provided username and password.
- Click on the name of the course you wish to access.
- Somewhere in your course will be a link/button/folder you need to click on to access your Cengage course content. Your instructor may also include individual links to each assignment in your course.
- The first time any of these links are clicked, you will be asked to link your LMS account to a Cengage Brain account.
- After you link your accounts, you will then be asked to enter an access code. If you have one, enter it now. If you don’t, you can access the course under the Grace Period until you are able to purchase your code. You also have the option to purchase your access code directly from us. Remember, you need to enter or buy an access code before your Grace Period expires or you won’t be able to get back into your course. Don’t worry – all your work will be saved.
What's an Access Code?
- An access code provides you with access to a specific digital product. It proves the product was paid for.
- An Aplia access code has 14 characters and looks like the following: PP1B2C3D4F5G6H.
- Access codes do not contain vowels (make sure you are entering the number 0 and not the letter O, for example).
- Access codes can come packaged with new Cengage textbooks, be purchased on a printed card at local bookstores, or be purchased online.
- If your access code came printed on a card, be sure to follow your instructor’s directions for registering your code. The instructions printed on the card may be incorrect or outdated.
Please select your product from the list below: